LVHN-Hazleton * Lab Admin
700 E Broad St, Hazleton, PA
Part Time 22 hours per week, Multiple Shifts, 45 Hours Bi-Weekly; Weekend/Holiday Rotation
Req # 55263
Join a team that delivers excellence.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is home to nearly 20,000 colleagues who make up our talented, vibrant and diverse workforce.
Join our team and experience firsthand what it's like to be part of a health care organization that's nationally recognized, forward-thinking and offers plenty of opportunity to do great work.
Performs laboratory procedures to obtain results for providers to utilize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Uses established procedures and protocols that require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical supervision.
Education - Required:
Experience - Required:
- Associate's Degree as a medical laboratory technician or
- Specialized Diploma must meet CLIA grandfathered MLT regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Required:
- less than 1 year of experience and a clinical laboratory internship.
Licensure - Preferred:
- Demonstrated technical skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific documents.
- Ability to read, understand, and speak basic English.
- Demonstrated ability to use/learn the computer system, word processing, e-mail, and applicable software programs.
- Demonstrated dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the department, unit, and hospital.
- Ability to apply common mathematical skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- MLT - Medical Technician - ASCP or equivalent. Upon Hire
LVHN hospitals in the Lehigh Valley are the only hospitals in the region to have received Magnet recognition five consecutive times since 2002. This prestigious recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center demonstrates our commitment to nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes. LVHN is home to five clinical institutes. Each serve as a hub for innovation, collaboration and education. Our institutes include Lehigh Valley Topper Cancer Institute, Lehigh Valley Heart and Vascular Institute, Lehigh Valley Institute for Surgical Excellence, Lehigh Valley Fleming Neuroscience Institute and Lehigh Valley Orthopedic Institute. LVHN is also home to Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital, which is the only children's hospital in the region. This hospital gives our community access to more than 30 pediatric specialties, Children's ExpressCARE locations and a dedicated Children's ER.
We've been consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the top hospital in the region and among the best in the state. We're also Great Place to Work-Certified, which means an overwhelming majority of our colleagues have a positive experience at LVHN.
These designations tell you that LVHN is a great place to work from hire to retire. If you are someone who aligns with LVHN's core values - Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence - you will have a rewarding and successful career here.
Influenza vaccination is required at most LVHN facilities for all colleagues with patient contact unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice, and is strongly encouraged for all colleagues. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.